Our goal at America’s 1st Choice (SC HMO) is to help our members improve their health by providing the best care and service options. In order to do this, we rely on our Quality Management (QM) program. The QM program monitors the quality of care given by Plan providers. The QM Program also looks for areas of service that need to be improved.
Every year, we measure to see the progress we have made toward meeting our goals for healthy members. One of the tools we use to do this is called HEDIS®, which stands for Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set. HEDIS® is a very common tool used by health care plans to see how well they are serving their members. We use these HEDIS® results to see where we need to focus our improvement efforts.
Our 2018 HEDIS® (DOS 2017) results show that America’s 1st Choice (SC HMO) met our quality goals in many HEDIS® measures. These areas include:
- Adult BMI Assessment
- Adult Access to Preventive Services
Areas where we would like to improve our performance include:
- DAE Use of High risk medications in the Elderly - one script
- DAE Use of High risk medications in the Elderly - two scripts
- COL Colorectal Cancer Screening
- CDC Monitoring Diabetic Nephropathy
- CDC Eye Exams for Members with Diabetes
- CDC HbA1c Testing
- CDC Good HbA1c Control <8
- CDC Poor HbA1c Control >9
- CDC BP Controlled in Members with Diabetes
You can view our full quality Health Plan Report Card at: https://reportcards.ncqa.org/#/health-plans/list
For more information on HEDIS® and Quality Measurement, go to
You can also call Member Services at 1-888-563-3289.